I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

Hello

Welcome to my Blog or as I like to call it my everything journal where I will write and share about my love for God, family, crafts(card making), shopping, organizing and a little bit of everything. I hope that you will be inspired every time you visit.

Thank you and come again,
Erin

Followers

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lets get crafty

We just moved a few months ago ( my husband had a job relocation) and since its the first place we ever moved besides out of our parents house. I wanted to do all new decor, but I hate paying the money for it (especially since I change my mind on how I want to decorate all the time, I blame HGTV). So I got on Pinterest (ok I'm obsessed with it) to see what ideas I could get , and of course there was so many that it was so hard to choose( well I had to choose otherwise I would have had to get a loan and a truck to get all the supplies back to my house).
We moved to a very small town that is kind of in the country (OK I have COWS in my back yard) and the house is really old so I had to come up with some decor that would go with the feel of the house and with what I like.
Here is what I came up with for my dining room, it was already painted this god ugly golden yellow (now I'm a yellow fan just not this yellow) I got some 12x12 canvas (i got a pack of 4 for $6.99 at hobby lobby and I used my 40% off coupon) painted them chocolate brown, mod podged scrapbook paper to them ( I found that there was a lot of bubbles and it was hard to get them out I did the best I could, like I have already stated I'm not MARTHA STEWART) and then I went rummaging through my mothers linens to find a doily (THANK GOD FOR MY MOTHER THAT KEEPS EVERYTHING) cause it fit perfectly. And there you have it!
                                                                            Love it!

Ok so are you bored with me yet cause I have a lot more to show. Hey I got to get this all out of the way so I can start on my fall decor.

This is by far my favorite and the easiest. Remember when I told you I went on a scavenger hunt at my mothers well I found a huge box of picture frames too, so of course I took a few. THANKS MOM!
I painted it with some antique white paint that I had in my craft room. Punched out a bunch of butterflies from my die machine (no its not the big shot I'm hoping that my husband with get it for me for  my birthday this year hint hint!!!!) glued them onto card stock and voila. Great way to add  color to boring walls.

Almost done I promise......


Now for the Kitchen, Yes the ugly golden yellow walls are in there too. Lets all say it together POOR ME!! Anyways, painted the frames the antique white, used some designer card stock I got from hobby lobby for the two smaller frames, tore some pages out of a old cook book. The wall was still pretty bare so I painted some wooden utensils added a ribbon and hung them too.


this was the last one I did cause it took the longest, I got the quote from Pinterest and went to town in publisher to make it my own, added the hearts using my stampin up heart punch and glued it on to chocolate card stock.

I hope that you all got inspired to make some of your home decor, its really fun and easy.


Oh and follow me on Pinterest cause I have all these projects and more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment