I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

Hello

Welcome to my Blog or as I like to call it my everything journal where I will write and share about my love for God, family, crafts(card making), shopping, organizing and a little bit of everything. I hope that you will be inspired every time you visit.

Thank you and come again,
Erin

Followers

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Little Bit of God

Do you ever feel like your life is spinning and you can't keep up with it??? The piles of laundry won't stop, cleaning (man how does one house get so messy?), kids, school functions, Bills, errands, cooking (yup that's important, although I swear I can live on cereal, my family might have other thoughts), family gatherings, the dog (oops he needs to be feed more than once a week), the car needs a oil change, don't forget to go grocery shopping and the list goes on and on. Then it all hits you, you have a hard time concentrating cause your just emotionally and physically drained. Your tired and feeling all alone. I have been feeling a little like that this week ...... well ALOT like that.
I couldn't sleep this morning (really no big surprise) my alarm wasn't set to go off for another hour so I went down stairs and curled up on the couch with a blanket and my ipod. I was hoping to maybe play a game and be able to fall back to sleep for a bit, that's when I heard that still small voice saying "Come to Me and I will give you rest". Ok God I really just need to sleep I'll read my bible when my alarm goes off. Yup I kept hearing it. OK God I'm up..... I opened my Bible and my devotional and started to read.

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (its amazing )
Pg 222

Trust Me in the depths of your being. It is there that I live in constant communion with you. When you feel flustered and frazzled on the outside, do not get up set with yourself . You are only human, and the swirl of events going on all around you will sometimes feel overwhelming. Rather that scolding yourself for your humanness, remind yourself that I am both with you and within you.
I am with you all all times, encouraging and supportive rather than condemning. I know that deep within you, where i live, My peace is your continual experience. Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in My presence. Then you will be able to hear Me bestowing the resurrection blessing: Peace be with you. 

Matthew 28:20

Ok, Hello God I'm listening now ........
Its so easy in the midst of everything to forget how much God really loves us and understands what we need. REST. So I encourage you today when life gets too much, call out to God and he is right there.


No comments:

Post a Comment